January 23, 2008

Day 328

So first for the good news. Ashley has been released from the hospital and is doing well. The bad news I'm afraid is that I have been admitted. On Tuesday afternoon Mom heard me coughing and crying up in my crib. When she came to check on me she found I was having trouble catching my breath. She tried to calm me down but things just kept getting worse and worse. I ended up chocking and throwing up and making a really loud wheezing noise when I breathed. Mom ended up calling 911 and Dad came home to find two ambulances parked out front and 5 paramedics administering a mask to me inside.
Mom road with me in the ambulance to CHEO and Dad follow in the car. I was admitted to the ER for observation but my condition continued to deteriorate and I have now been admitted to the hospital for an undetermined amount of time. I have been give a series of masks to try and help my breathing and 4 doses of steroids. I am still finding myself breathing hard at times. I have been diagnosed with croup and have been placed in a croup tent for the night. Hopefully the cold mist will help me feel more comfortable. I appreciate all the well wished people have been passing on to Mom and Dad. It seems sometimes my 20 lbs. girth makes it easy to forget that I am a preemie and still a bit vulnerable. That being said I'm a tough kid and hope to be out of here in no time! I'll keep you updated on my progress as things change!

No comments: