March 19, 2007

Day 21

Well as the nurse put it I am back on the road again today. The x-ray came back OK, and the stool sample came back negative. I am off the antibiotics and back on feeds. The doctor came and talked to Mom and Dad and they are still unsure of exactly what happened last week. They are still concerned that the reintroduction of food may cause problems with my bowels again. They are starting me off slowly and monitoring me closely. So far they started me at 6cc's and I am up to 12 cc's. I have put on 18 grams today and am up to 1235. They also took me off isolation. Looks like I am back to sharing everything. I also have the tube in my nose again for my feeds but Mom got to hold me for the first time in a while which was nice. I fell asleep on her chest after my first feed. I was so full, and comfortable. Now we are just waiting on my first stool to examine it. Fingers crossed everyone!

No comments: