March 20, 2007

Day 22

Wow, hard to believe that I am three weeks old already!
They had to move my IV today and after blowing veins in my foot and hand they put it in my head. The nurse tells me I am fortunate that they didn't have to shave my head first. I suspect it's going to hurt a bit when they finally take it out.
They increased my feed again today and so far it isn't going great. After my last feed I threw up quite a bit and they found 5cc's of undigested food in my stomach. Once again this raises the alarm bells for infection.
Up until then I was having a pretty good day. I got to wear one of the new outfits that Grandma brought. It was way too big, but comfy all the same. I was holding my temperature well all day and Mom got to hold me again. After I spit up my food tonight they took my temperature again and it wasn't great. They had to put me back in the heated isolet. I sure hope the next feeding goes well or it's back getting x-rays. I still managed to put on 32 grams today, bringing me up to 1267. I was lazy most of the day which got Mom concerned, she prefers when I am active.

No comments: