March 21, 2007

Day 23

So I did it again, spit my food up everywhere. I managed to get it all over another sleeper that Grandma gave me. The nurses were concerned so I got yet another x-ray. The good news is that the x-ray results looked fine. They ended up taking the fortifier out of my food and using a pump to feed me. I've managed to keep it down since.
They think they are going to take the IV out of my head tomorrow. I can't wait! The only tube I will have left is my feeding tube and that one doesn't bother me so much. Looks like they may be moving me to another room tomorrow too. They want to close the room I am in. One of my neighbours went to CHEO so now I am getting a nurse all to myself. I guess they don't think that's necessary although I kind of like the attention.
It also looks like I have my nights and days mixed up. I heard Mom telling the nurses that we'll want to get that sorted out before I go home. She was here visiting late last night and trying to encourage me to sleep. I had been sleeping all day and wasn't that tired anymore. We got to snuggle again which was nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bo Jangles...
Hats off to you little fella! Most kids wait until they're 16 or so before they really make their folks worry! True Hawley/Gainsbrook genes~overachievers!

I loved looking at all the photos. Mom's not sure if you've changed but holy-moly, what a few short weeks can do!

Keeping you and your folks in my prayers!
Love Auntie Kari