April 9, 2007

Day 42

Well today was the day for the dreaded eye test and it was every bit as bad as they told me it would be. They gave me eye drops and then an hour later the obstetrician showed up. He had some funny apparatus on his head that he used to look in my eyes. They warned Mom not to stick around and watch. When Mom left the nurse put these horrible metal things in my eyes to keep them open. Mom (and everyone in the NICU) could hear me screaming. When it was all over Mom talked to the obstetrician who said my eyes look great. They have to repeat the horrible test in two weeks but he is optimistic that everything will be fine.
I bottled three full feeds which makes Mom happy. The doctors won't send me home until I am feeding without my feeding tube. I am still here for at least a couple weeks though so no rush yet. Mom says Dad is starting to feel better and can hopefully come in soon for a visit. He misses me like crazy! I miss him too.

No comments: