April 20, 2007

Day 53

Well surgery is over and the doctor is calling it a success. It was a stressful experience and I am in some pain but I handled the situation pretty well. They gave a spinal which numbs me from the waist down. That was a bit scary but surgery didn't hurt a bit. Mom and Dad agreed that if I didn't need to be put under and surgery was going well the doctor could do the exploration of the right side. Well I slept through surgery and it turns out I had a hernia on my right side too. The doctor repaired both sides and stitched me up. Mom fed me after surgery and cuddled me to sleep. The nurses say I was in what they call a honeymoon period, meaning they expect me to get a bit worse throughout the day. No one seems to know yet where I go from here, perhaps back to the General or maybe home. For now I'm just going to rest up and start healing. Thanks to everyone for all the well wishes! Hopefully that's my last surgery for a long while.

No comments: